On the day of your exam make sure you had a good night sleep, a good breakfast, and you are ready to keep your attention focused for 3 hours. Some exam questions could be quite long to read but make sure you read the question and all the answers carefully. But if you use this option, I’d recommend to choose a temporary answer as you may not have enough time (or brain) to revisit it later.
In addition, you must have at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads with security controls for AWS workloads. With over two decades in the IT industry, Stuart Scott has an extensive background covering a range of technologies, but his passion is centered around AWS. Scott is the AWS content and security lead at Cloud Academy, where he has created more than 80 courses teaching more than 100,000 students. His content focuses on cloud security and compliance and how to implement and configure AWS services to protect, monitor and secure customer data in AWS. Scott has written many cloud security blogs and regularly hosts webinars with AWS and leading AWS partners. In January 2016, he was awarded «Expert of the Year» for sharing his knowledge on cloud services with the community.
Pass the AWS Security – Specialty exam (updated for SCS-C
Although 150 questions seem low, comparing to what you will find in WhizLabs, I found Jon’s questions always have similar structures and length as the real ones I got in the AWS certification exams. I did not take the WhizLabs test exams this time so although my score is only at low 800’s, I am pretty happy with the score based on the time I spent. The exam covers a range of topics like incident response, data protection, infrastructure security, and identity and access management. Some people suggest that you sign up for an exam date so that you have a deadline and incentive to study. Maybe you have years of experience on AWS security and review the material only to discover it is all familiar to you.
- If you’re looking for high-quality certification training that will fully prepare you for your AWS Certified Security Specialty exam – our Ultimate Training Package is for you.
- A Certificate of Achievement is issued when you score 75% and above in your online exam simulator.
- All trainers at Intellipaat have 12+ years of relevant industry experience, and they have been actively working as consultants in the same domain, which has made them subject matter experts.
You will work on highly exciting projects in the domains of high technology, ecommerce, marketing, sales, networking, banking, insurance, etc. After completing the projects successfully, your skills will be equal to 6 months of rigorous industry experience. To become an AWS certified security professional, you need to appear for the AWS Certified Security Examination by AWS. It is suggested to get enrolled in a training program to take this examination. Intellipaat offers this training in line with the exam syllabus along with an AWS certified security certification after successful completion of the program.
Practicals are wonderful for visualize but may not be required in exam so can be marked as optional. Overall I will say, the presentations are good to go through for security specialty certification. Prior to this Blogpost, I also released a guide for the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam technical preparation notes. This aws certified security specialist contains the foundational information which also helps for this exam, so I highly recommend reading the notes from there as well. The salary of an AWS Certified Security Specialist can vary significantly depending on factors like location, years of experience, and the specific role they hold within an organization.
- For supervisors, this AWS Security training can be used for AWS Certified Security – Specialty SCS-C01 exam prep, on-boarding new security engineers, or even AWS migration training.
- To maintain your AWS Certified status, you are required to periodically demonstrate your continued expertise by recertifying.
- Many top organizations and businesses benefit from these areas because they reduce expenses and resources.
- For the AWS exam I created Trello cards for the resources I wanted to study (i.e. videos, white papers, hands-on labs, etc.) as well as for the practicalities (e.g. booking the exam).
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages. While other exams may focus on the most cost-effective way to solve a problem, the security exam will give you questions that focus on a secure way to solve a problem. You may be given more than one answer that solves a problem, but some of the solutions may not be secure.